A wedding is a promise a couple makes to one another to be in each other’s life for eternity. A promise that is witnessed by friends and family alike. As much as it’s important for the couple to share the experience, it’s also essential that wedding guests have a great time. For that, a couple needs a beautiful wedding venue to enhance the experience. Not only that, these memorable moments need to be captured by the best wedding photographers.
In any wedding checklist, the most important one is selecting the venue. Whether you are looking for a luxurious banquet hall, a budget marriage hall/banquet or an open-air lawn, we’ve got you covered. Here’s a list of the best wedding venues in Kolkata for you to pick from.
PC Chandra Gardens
One of the most luxurious open-air venues is the PC Chandra Gardens. If you’re looking for an extravagant affair with picture-perfect décor, then this might be the right place for you.
- Capacity: This place has 2 lawns and a Banquet. Gold Acre, the 1st Lawn accommodates 1400 seating and 2100+ floating. The Maple, the 2nd lawn accommodates 700 seating and 1000+ floating.
- Decoration: The venue will provide the décor according to the theme that you select.
- Food: There are options of both in-house catering as well as catering from outside. For in-house, the price per plate is ₹700 for Veg and ₹900 for Non-veg. Taxes are additional.
- Address: Arupota Road, 144, Eastern Metropolitan Bypass, Opposite Science City, Kolkata, West Bengal 700105.
Find booking and other details here
Calcutta Boating and Hotel Resorts
If you’re undecided on the type of venue you want, Calcutta Boating and Hotel Resorts is the place for you. They have 6 halls/Banquets and several lawns for you to choose from.
- Capacity: They have 6 halls whose capacity for seating ranges from 300 to 1500, You can choose depending on your guest count.
- Decoration: Depending on your theme selection, the venue will provide the entire decoration including lights and design.
- Address: 11 A/1J, East Topsia Road Adjacent to ITC Sonar Bangla and Science City, JBS Haldane Ave, Cobra, Kolkata, West Bengal 700046
For more information and booking details click here
If you want something different for your wedding venue, Smriti Banquets could be the one. It boasts of being the only banquet in Kolkata to have an aerial view. It has an indoor area as well as an open-air lawn.
- Capacity: They have a beautiful lawn/hall which accommodates 360 people ( Seating) and up to 600 people (Floating).
- Decoration: There are fabulous smart and edgy designs to choose from. The décor is entirely provided by them.
- Food: The venue provides both in-house catering and catering from outside depending on your choice. Outside alcohol is now allowed, they do it exclusively in-house.
- Address: Eco suite, Near City Centre 2, Action Area IID, Newtown, New Town, West Bengal 700136.
Contact them here – Smriti Banquets
This stunning banquet is perfect for you if you want an indoor wedding on a tight budget. There is ample space for the guests and also separate rooms for the bridal party to rest. The Malik Guest House has rooms for your outstation guests as well.
- Capacity: The banquet accommodates about 400 people( Seating and Floating), has a parking facility of 80+ cars
- Decoration: The décor is done by the venue itself. There is a range of themes that you can choose from.
- Food: No outside food is allowed. Catering is done completely in-house. Price per plate is ₹450 for Veg and ₹550 for Non-veg. Taxes are additional
- Address: Malik Court, No. 39 A, Harish Mukherjee Road, Bhowanipore, Kolkata – 700025.
Get more details here
JMS Villa and Garden
If you like the idea of a ‘Big Fat Indian Wedding’ then this is the wedding venue for you. This villa is also known as ‘Shooting Bari’ where major Bengali movies have been shot. It’s a stunning villa with 2 adjoining lawns.
- Capacity: The place has 1 Banquet hall with 2 lawns. The lawns can hold 300 guests (Seating) and a 450 Guests (Floating) each. And the hall can accommodate 150 guests (Seating) and 250 guests (Floating)
- Decoration: Outside decorations are not allowed by the venue. However, they have a wide variety of themes for you to choose from.
- Food: The venue provides in-house catering. The price per plate is ₹500 for Veg and ₹750 for Non-veg.
- Address: 456 Hussainpur, Anandapur High Rd, Near Ruby Hospital, Madurdaha, Kolkata, West Bengal 700107
If you liked this place and interested to get more details you check here.
Nalban is popular among lovers, with its serene lake acting as the perfect setting for romance. Get married in this romantic backdrop and have the fairy tale wedding you’ve always dreamed of.
- Capacity: The sprawling lawn has a lot of space, it can accommodate upwards of 1000 guests.
- Decoration: The venue provides the décor themselves. You can choose the one that’s perfect for your wedding.
- Food: Both in-house catering and outside catering is available depending on your choice. Alcohol is allowed, and can be served in-house or from outside.
- Address: HM Block, Nalban Bheri, Dhapa, Bidhannagar